Welcome to Cúnav & Associates
Consultants in International Development Management and Child Safeguarding
Cúnav & Associates offers specialist consultancy services for international NGOs, missionary organisations and donors involved in international development. Cúnav & Associates is led by Mike Greally who possesses over 25 years of overseas development experience with almost 20 of those at senior management level. An associate model is utilised whereby additional appropriate skills are secured in order to ensure that optimum expertise is applied to each client assignment. Cúnav and Associates will also collaborate with other consultancy service providers in Ireland or internationally.
The core aim of Cúnav & Associates is to help our clients make the best decisions for their organisations. We do this by offering comprehensive expertise that employs systematic research techniques and rigorous analysis to support sound judgement.
What We Offer
- Competency in development approaches including faith-based development and volunteer sending.
- Expertise in child safeguarding and protection.
- Experience of working in the development sector at management level ensuring that problems are addressed in a suitably holistic manner.
- Appreciation of organisational cultures and stakeholder interests, ensuring that issues and differing viewpoints are dealt with sensitively and constructively.
- An ability to conceive innovative approaches to difficult issues.
- A commitment to finding sustainable solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ensuring that the outcome of our work is communicated effectively.
- A comprehensive understanding and experience in overseas development policy-making within the Irish context.
- In-depth knowledge of sources, published and unpublished, giving clients the benefit of the best available information.
- A commitment to quality of service, value for money and timely delivery of agreed service, ensuring that what you are promised is what you get.
Download our Brochure
RETURN TO MENU
What We Do
- Reviews, Evaluations and Impact Assessment
- Organisational Assessment
- Organisational Development
- Strategic Planning and Change Management
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Capacity Building/Training
- Effective Networking for Sustainability
To contract Cúnav should be seen as a good investment by the potential clients - "fail to prepare, prepare to fail"
Download our Brochure
RETURN TO MENU
About Mike Greally who leads Cúnav & Associates
A highly experienced development sector manager with specific expertise in organisational management, child safeguarding, development practice and international volunteer sending. 25 years of experience within the development sector in Ireland and overseas, with nearly 20 years at senior manager level.
- With 7 years as Programme Manager at the Agency for Personal Service Overseas (APSO) has a considerable understanding of international volunteer recruitment, training and placement.
- As CEO of Misean Cara for over 9 years has extensive expertise in evolving approaches to development; a clear understanding of faith-based development; expertise in organisational management as well as child protection and safeguarding.
Chief Executive Officer of Misean Cara, June 2004 to October 2013
- Led the development of three strategic plans - (2006-08), (2009 -2012) and (2013 -2016).
- Managed an increase in membership from 55 member organisations to a current membership of 89.
- Oversaw the transformation of the organisation’s funding schemes from one that was largely personnel-centred to a project-based model with a web-based funding application system.
- Developed a child protection and safeguarding policy in 2009 and assumed the role of designated child protection officer.
- Ensured that all relevant projects funded by Misean Cara had an appropriate child protection policy and introduced a specific child safeguarding and protection monitoring mechanism for Misean Cara.
Assistant Principal in Irish Aid, January to June 2004
- Member of Irish Aid’s Civil Society Section team
- Member of the NGO Co-financing Scheme Project Appraisals Committee
Programme Manager with the Agency for Personal Service Overseas (APSO) 1996-2003
As a member of the senior management team successfully managed:
- The running of 14 Field Offices in Africa, Central America and South East Asia
- The recruitment and placement of APSO volunteer development workers, United Nations Volunteers and other short term placements to over 30 countries worldwide
- The administration of the Missionary Development Fund from 2001
Board member of International Service Ireland
- Chairperson - 2007-2009
- Board Member - 2006-07 and 2009-11
- 1990 - Agriculture Teacher at Morawa District Agricultural College, Western Australia.
- 1984-87 - Agricultural Science Teacher in Lesotho as part of APSO’s Lesotho-Ireland Secondary Teachers Programme.
RETURN TO MENU
- M.A. in Adult and Community Education, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
- Pg. Dip. Sc. In Cultural Anthropology, University of Western Australia.
- BSc. Ed. In General and Rural Science, Thomond College of Education / University of Limerick.